Hiring a Professional
Hiring a Professional
Find out what qualities make professional remodelers the best choice for your home remodel.
Why Hire a Professional For Your Home Remodel?
(Bellingham, WA) When planning your home remodel, choose to hire a professional for getting the job done right. Home owners can save time, aggravation, and money by hiring a professional remodeler, according to the Building Industry Association of Whatcom County (BIAWC).
“Professional remodelers help home owners rejuvenate their residences for beauty and comfort,” said Brian Evans of Green Mountain Homes and the 2011 Chairman of the BIAWC Master Remodelers Council (MRC). “They save home owners time and money because these remodelers have years of training and home remodeling experience.”
Consider some of the qualities that make professional remodelers the best choice for your home remodel:
- Technical training and experience in home remodeling. – These remodelers have years of technical training and experience that cannot be equaled by do-it-yourself books or television programs. They understand a home’s structure, electrical wiring, plumbing and other details that must be considered before attempting a home remodel. Inexperience and ignorance can create costly mistakes, but professional remodelers can prevent disasters and solve unexpected problems.
- Ability to creatively address budget and space constraints. – Most remodelers relish the chance to employ new design solutions to reorganize and maximize space in a home. This ability to work with a home owner on their remodeling dreams within a budget is a specialty of many remodelers. They can help propose alternatives that keep the budget in check, such as providing a variety of product choices or redesigning interior space to minimize the need for building home additions.
- Information on tax credits and other ways to save money. – Remodelers can help you cash in on energy efficiency tax credits for saving on remodeling expenses. These credits offer money back on installing energy efficiency improvements such as new windows, doors, insulation, roofing, and more (see www.nahb.org/efficiencytaxcredit for more information). Remodelers may also know of additional local or state credits, rebates, and other methods of saving money on your home remodel.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.- A professional remodeler has solid business skills and understands that remodeling is about providing excellent customer service. These remodelers will take meetings and return phone calls to address customer concerns proactively. They prioritize customer satisfaction and take pride in their remodeling work.
- Professional references and work samples. – Professional remodelers are more likely to belong to trade associations (such as the National Association of Home Builders) where they benefit from education programs, acquiring knowledge and skills to better run a business and improve their home remodeling services. A remodeler in good standing can also provide references from past clients. They also can show examples of previous remodeling projects to give you a feel of the quality and style of their work.
Make the smartest investment in your home by hiring a professional remodeler. They’ll help you stay on budget, solve remodeling challenges, and provide a higher-quality service.
As a professional Council, our members prescribe to the Code of Ethics, value continuing education and professional educational designations and strive towards quality construction. Plan now to attend and participate in the annual Tour of Remodeled Homes scheduled for October 1 & 2.
The Building Industry Association of Whatcom County is a professional trade association comprised of approximately 475 Builder and Associate members. BIAWC is affiliated with the approximate 9,000 members of the Building Industry Association and 160,000 members of the National Association of Home Builders.
For more information on the Master Remodelers Council and/or Building Industry Association of Whatcom County, call 360 671-4247.